Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blickfang 2009

Blickfang is a famous German exposition that has been showcasing some talented designers of fashion, clothes, jewelry and homewares for the past few years. Katelyn and I went last night and had a great time getting lost in the unique worlds of all the vendors...

Beautiful dotty teacups by Eiden. She also makes porcelain lamps and other dishes. Love those little spikes!


Das Kroenchen: a little stand of clothes and knick-knacks inspired by the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I was so prepared to buy this raincoat until... 350 Euros! 


So... I settled on buying a new piece of flair for my apron instead. I chose a little brown apple. Much more reasonable I think. But this doesn't mean I won't be thinking about that dotty red raincoat every time it rains for the rest of my life...

Love those fabrics!!!

Look at these beautiful lampshades by Gluexpfennig. They're so simple and I think I want to make one. That's one more thing on the list of one million things I want to make.... ahhh....

I think this stand, Zoe Navah, was my favorite, but the lady didn't really want pictures taken, so we'll have to stick to just this one. Her display was a big folding screen made of antique-looking white doors and shelves with nails and drawer pulls for hanging. It was soooo pretty! And these bags are the stuff of my dreams...

I'm starting to see that there was a polka-dotty theme to the night. Well, I say you can never have enough of 'em! These pouches by Ipsi are the proof!

Ipsi also makes dolls and children's stuffed animals. I think it's love for me and one of those seahorses...

Designed by Marek Gut. This was a bit out there, but I absolutely love it! Talk about high tea! Hehe...

And... the little owls by Eko Bits, where everything is made from recycled plastic!!! Three hoots for recycling...

Strolling through the Blickfang we worked up some major appetites, so we went for sushi. Katelyn even convinced me to try her spicy noodle roll (any of you know what that's called?) and a possible new favorite was born. 

Hope you're all having great weekends and the Blickfang is still going on today at the Liederhalle in downtown Stuttgart. I'm just sayin'...

6 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

OH! i was there! Thanks for letting me tag along! i had so much fun.

Sophie Appleby said...

Oh what a wonderful day! So many amazing things, how about that raincoat, just gorgeous! Hope you are having a lovely day.
Sophie x

corinnea said...

How fun!! I think I want one of everything too!

Jenny P. said...

ohhh!! I should have gone with you guys!! You can make those little polka dot purses, Jenny!

Adie said...

Ok, that dotty red rain coat is pretty awesome. *I'm* going to be thinking about it, the next time it rains. And the little dotty zipper bags? Yeah, it's probably a good thing I wasn't there, because my wallet definitely could not support one of everything. Which is what I would have wanted. Anyway, glad you had a good time, thank you for sharing!

tinee said...

oh wow, the 2009 blickfang looks quiet interesting!! too bad i missed it, so thanks for sharing, jenny :)
where did you get your sushi?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...