Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bit of This, Bit of That

Here are some small painting and art reprints that I bought in England, at the beautiful Paperchase, quite possibly destined to become my new favorite store once I'm in Scotland. I was thinking, "Throw these in some little Ikea frames, and voila! Instant wall art!"


I also bought some genuine vintage stamps! Here is just a little sample. I think I love them too much to use them. Why must I always do this to myself?? Now I'll be tortured with the thought of actually using them and removing them from their brothers and sisters and their safe plastic slip home...

Here's the stamp I ordered for my shop from CraftPudding on Etsy. I'm so happy with it, and Magda was so easy to work with. Thanks again!

I've told a few people the story of this bottle recently, but here it is for all: In middle school I introduced myself as Jenny Holbrook to one of my new classmates and she said, "No way! My Grandma's maiden name is Holbrook. I bet we're distantly related. Ha Ha." Around the same time, my Holbrook grandfather was doing some geneology research, and what did he find out? That there's a town in Kentucky called Holbrook, where his family originates, and that's also the town my friend's grandmother lived in. Cool? Cool!! So she ended up giving me this old bottle she had at home from that grandmother, with "Holbrook & Co." written on it! I like to invite people over and tell them that I own a very successful liquor company... :)

And here's a glimpse into what I've been working on:


A necklace for myself.

The Renaissance Rose Earrings, soon for sale in my shop and on consignment at the store.

The Shooting Star Earrings.

The Blueberry Hill Earrings.

And... these ones need a name before they can be sold or gifted. Suggestions anyone??

8 comments:

Sydney said...

I love those earing you don't have a name for!!

Posey Perfection

Just an idea off the top of my head. I think it's too early yet for my brain to function.

Kelly's Korner said...

Nice stuff! I liked the rose version you were wearing today.

pearlswirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny P. said...

I have stamps from craft pudding too! I too though the girl was easy to deal with. That always makes things better, you know? I need to order one of Ava when she gets more hair.Love the stuff you're making. Really pretty earings. I like the blue ones. If I wore earings I'd wear em!

Jenny P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pearlswirl said...

Well, I don't know what's going on with blogger here, but twice now I've tried to post and say thanks to you all, and it keeps deleting my comments!

So, Kelly, thanks! Those were actually ceramic rose beads I bought in Venice. Can you tell I'm obsessed with roses?!

Sydney, thanks once again for the name! I love it and you're my name-finding hero! I've listed the Posy Perfections in the shop.

Jennifer: Heehee, once she gets enough hair. :) Yeah, I love finding friendly sellers who are nice and make me feel like a special customer...


Cross your fingers that this message goes through without getting deleted!!!

Sydney said...

Yay, I'm so excited you used that name for the earrings :)

Tarisa said...

hey - how come I never heard that cool story about the Holbrook and Co. bottle...neat-o!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...