Friday, February 13, 2009

V is for...

... VENICE!!! Got you! Come on, don't pretend you didn't think "Valentine's Day."

The girls (Hannah and Katelyn) and I are leaving for Venice early tomorrow morning to experience the beauty that is Carnevale. We are super excited...

So, here's the deal. White masks freak me out a little bit. But I'm not at all the type of person to pass up a new cultural experience just because I'm a little freaked out. Sooo... I decided to make us some Jenny-masks! This way, we can all be a part of the carnival festivities, and our masks will be beeootiful. Don't get me wrong; I think the real Venetian carnival masks are gorgeous. But let's face it-- we are but three poor college students. So, here we go. Can you guess who each one is meant for?





I'm also currently writing an article for Etsy's online magazine, The Storque, which is all about the different traditions of Mardi Gras, Carnevale, Fasching, etc. Read more details here. This trip, which coincidentally materialized after I decided to write the article, is the perfect opportunity to get some nice pictures for the article body. Exciting! Look for my wise words to be published in the Storque around the 23rd of February...

Hope you all have a great, love-filled weekend celebrating the other V-thing!

4 comments:

corinnea said...

I thought "V" was for VERY nice masks!!!!

1. Hannah
2. Jenny
3. Katelyn

Right? Wrong?

You girls have loads of fun but be careful!!!!!! Sorry, ever the mom.

Adie said...

I'm thinking:

1. Katelyn
2. Jenny
3. Hannah

How'd I do? I'm totally jealous of you three, by the way. Have a great time! Take lots of pictures! Be safe!

Kelly's Korner said...

I thought

Jenny
Hannah
Katelyn

But they're all nice so it doesn't matter who gets what! Have fun!

pearlswirl said...

Corinnea wins! We did have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...