Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Some Lovely Little Things

The other day I got a little package from my friend Saraya, filled with all kinds of awesome goodies, including this little pot (perfect for my new space!) filled with pretty pink and black beads. I love just-because packages! Saraya, if you're reading, your next package is coming soon! Also included: a novel, a pot of soap bubbles, and a princess coloring book with crayons and pencils. Because let's face it: try as we might, we will never stop liking coloring books. Or princesses.


Speaking of packages... look what arrived in the mail for me a few days ago!! It's the brooch I bought from SophieIsobelDesigns on Etsy. She makes all sorts of adorable adorable brooches but I specially ordered this one to say I Heart Making Things. What better to wear on my apron for working in an arts and crafts shop?! I really must say, I highly recommend her shop. She has really cute and good quality products, she is super friendly, and the packaging was soooo nice! There were two layers of cute paper and bows and I felt like a princess opening it up. She has a great blog too!!



I also made a new fabric necklace. This one was easier, because I already had one long strip of fabric, leftover from when my mom hemmed my dress for graduation (thanks mommy!). I just sewed it into a tube, turned it inside out, tied some knots, and stuck some beads in. Voila! Instant necklace.



Here's a picture of the dress "in action", since it's kind of hard to see what the fabric really looks like when it's twisted up and knotted. I wish I had an excuse to wear this dress everyday...


And... there's more! I've been super busy...


Here is a chalkboard frame I made to consign at the store. I painted, distressed, antiqued, and sealed a regular wood picture frame, and inserted a sheet of Wallies vinyl chalkboard on some chipboard. This "chalkboard sticker" works perfectly and I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's much better in person, of course.

Close-up of the "antiquing".
Whew, what a busy week! And it's only Tuesday. There's no limit to the amount of things I can get done this week! Either that, or I've used up my weekly ration of energy in only two days...

7 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

Wow, such cool stuff! i especially love brooch and it will be so cute on your apron. i also think your second necklace is so much cooler with the bigger beads.

Jenny P. said...

you look so pretty and happy in that picture! Cute dress too. I love tiny containers and random packages!

Kelly's Korner said...

Fun fun! Pace yourself! Maybe we should all make little handmade flair... hmmm...

corinnea said...

Love everything! That pin is really cute.

Adie said...

Lo-ove it!!! All of it! That pin is perfect for the shop. You know, there are some "just 'cause" packages that I ought to send out...

Saraya said...

my FIRST shoutout!!!!!!!!!!

yeah. i'm so glad you liked everything. :) everyone is a little kid at heart. na ja?

wait till your next package. homes you'll be impressed. :)

Karin said...

That chalkboard is great! And I love the brooch :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...