Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Got Funky.

I got funky at the Winterleuchten Christmas market I posted about earlier. For those of you who missed that post, Winterleuchten is an annual market in Stuttgart with crafters and vendors who use old abandoned train wagons as their ART STUDIOS!!! I went both days, and would probably have gone a third day too, if not for the fact that it was a two-day event.

I got so funky, in fact, that I have no choice but to show you my funk-tastic photos as evidence. Is it me, or is the word funky starting to sound funny?

These are postcards, keychains, and prints made by Tinee, a local linocut artist whom I also featured in my Shop Local Germany Storque Article. Aren't they adorable? And that vintage suitcase... yum.


Here are more of her framed prints. Funky right?? (By the way, I mean funky in a good way.)


This wagon was filled with bags and fabric goods from Borsellina. Check out her website/shop here.


Note the very cool lockers in the background.


Bags, bags, bags.



I wish wish wish I could show you the things I bought, but... they were Christmas presents and I know some prying eyes will be peeking where they're not wanted. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. :)

6 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

oh that's awesome! i'm loving it, and super jealous! btw, love the new header on your site!

corinnea said...

Very nice! Even, dare I say, funky??!! Afraid it's true, say it too many times and it sounds weird. I used to go to flea markets out there. Sorry I missed this event. Keep us posted on the funky stuff happening.....

And I agree cool header.

Jenny P. said...

I cna't beleive I forgot about it! Everything looks lovely and funky:)Love the header!

tinee said...

oh my!! thanks for these lovely, totally funky pics of the winterleuchten ;)

still can't believe i have missed my own market, but life can be cruel sometimes...

i am SO glad you enjoyed!!!

Kelly's Korner said...

Oh, I REALLY wanted to go, but grrr... we were just too busy last weekend. Bummed!!!! But I'm glad you went and had fun!

Kelly's Korner said...

Hey, is this your mom?
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6128006

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...